Fagor pressure cooker review: Fagor’s Premium model 670041970 pressure cooker is a perfect example of how a modern pressure cooker can make meal preparation a snap. The big advantage in owning and using a pressure cooker is that it provides you with more options for preparing convenient one-pot dishes, but does so much faster and easier than other cooking methods.
It allows you to cook a variety of foods to your tastes: Oriental dishes, fried foods, brown or white rice, chicken or beef, beans, risotto, and other rice dishes – virtually any type of cuisine your family might request.
You simply add your ingredients, select the desired cook and timer settings, and when you’re ready to eat you’ve got a hot, tasty home-made meal ready to put on the table.
Even meat-heavy like pot roast that might take 8 hours in a crockpot can be prepared in a pressure cooker in under one hour. That’s a useful addition to any kitchen.
- 5 built-in cooker settings include Warm, Brown, Simmer, Steam, or Stir Fry, as well as high pressure (8 psi) and low pressure (3 psi) settings.
- 8-quart capacity (two gallons) is enough to feed large families.
- At dimensions of 13″x12″x14.5″ the Fagor Premium pressure cooker fits neatly onto your under-cabinet kitchen countertop.
- A 6-hour time delayed feature allows you to adjust cooking intervals to meet mealtime schedules as needed.
- Cooking time can be adjusted precisely to meet your tastes with a cooking timer programmable up to 99 minutes in 1-minute increments.
- The removable cooking pot has a non-stick coating for easy clean up in the sink or dishwasher.
- It comes with a comprehensive instruction manual and includes over 35 recipes to provide several tasty menu ideas right out of the box.
- Built-in safety features ensure the pressure cooker automatically powers down to the Warm setting once cooking time is complete. It will stay on this lower temperature for up to 12 hours to ensure food is hot over the course of even long holidays.
- Made with high-grade heat-resistant plastic handles so it can be handled safely.
- Dual independent control valves maintain consistent pressures.
- Anti-overheating protection to minimize any hazard if left unattended.
- Soft-touch buttons and bright LED display provide comfortable operations.
- The easy self-sealing lid to avoid splatter.
- An automatic float valve adjusts to pressure buildup to secure the lid during cooking for safety reasons.
- Automatic pressure release option to avoid accidents.
- Can use up to a full megawatt of power but is ETL-approved to run on standard 110-120V household outlets.
- One-year manufacturer warranty covering all parts.
- Fagor’s Premium model pressure cooker should meet any home chef’s expectations of a reasonably-priced small appliance.
- It can be an advantage over the busy holiday seasons for fast cooking Easter eggs, small turkeys, and easy preparation of ribs, stews, or chili that can be left unattended while you relax and enjoy.
- Fagor maintains a convenient website for customers who want to gather information, purchase accessories such as non-coated cooking bowls or steamer trays, and view new products.
- Its strong power supply shortens cook time by 70% or more, which makes it much more efficient than similar models, yet it’s so well-designed that it’s very durable in comparison.
- It’s well packed and feels sturdily constructed with a shipping weight of about 28 pounds, much more than comparable models.
Ease of use
- It’s versatile but easy to use, and very easy to clean. It separates into 3 parts: the cooking pot is dishwasher safe, and the outer cooker and lid are easily wiped clean.
- Those who are new to or have avoided pressure cookers as a risky alternative will find the Fagor Premium 8-quart 670041970 to be a safe and simple alternative at mealtime.
- The instruction manual is very easy to follow.
- Attractive brushed-steel exterior.
- Its appearance, electronic controls, and large capacity give an impression of professional quality.
- With an 8-quart capacity and the quick settings, delay timer, and easy-to-set cooking timer, it provides a lot of options in preparing meals for small families as well as large gatherings.
- Busy cooks will enjoy using it as a multi-task helper in preparing meals on a daily basis.
- With it’s brown, simmer, cook, and warm settings, you can do all the steps in a recipe on the same appliance to save and time and clean up.
- It can be used for canning if your jars fit within the cook pot.
- Some more demanding cooks less interested inconvenience will expect more detailed control than 5 settings and 2 pressure levels.
- The steamer basket doesn’t seem to measure up to the quality of the cooker itself. It’s a little flimsy for heavier loads and doesn’t seat as well as it should in the trivet, but this doesn’t come with the cooker – it’s an accessory available online.
- One reported issue is a beeping sound that occurs periodically when the cooker is left on its Warm setting.
- There was at least one report of over-heating, but upon cooling down, the product performed to expectations afterward.
- Outside of the included recipes, the manual doesn’t give much information on recommended cooking times.
- Fagor’s Customer Service is a little slow at times.
The convenience of having a good pressure cooker is not to be underestimated. A product like the Fagor Premium 670041970 is so powerful, versatile, and easy to use and clean that you may find yourself relying on it almost daily.
Yet the same qualities along with its large size also make it a great advantage in preparing for parties or gatherings on special occasions.
In all, considering its value, the Premium is a welcome addition to any busy kitchen.